Octopus Crafts and Learning
We had fun learning about the octopus this week. This is a great subject for kids of all ages...
- Count to eight with the little ones
- Get detailed with your crafting for the big kids
- Camouflage is fun for everyone
- Octopus fun facts are even fun for adults
Here was our learning agenda for Octopus Learning:
- Twisted paper octopus craft
- Camouflage painting game
- Octopus videos and fun facts
- Octopus vocabulary
Twisted Paper Octopus Crafting
Our littles loved twisting paper octopus tentacles and counting! Cut eight strips of thin paper and a circle to make a face. Let them glue their twisted arms onto the octopus faces for a super cute 3D craft!
Camouflage Painting Game
We painted ocean, seaweed, and rock to make a camouflage habitat octopus game. Simply cut the shapes out of each painted paper. See images below...
We watched a few online octopus videos. Here were some of our family favorites:
(image via National Geographic Kids)
Octopus Vocabulary Cards
- Camouflage - hiding or blending into the surroundings
- Habitat - the natural home of a plant or animal
- Tentacles - a slender and flexible limb of an animal
- Ink - a colorful liquid
Have fun and KEEP LEARNING!