Christmas Apple Cider
This is such an easy way to make delicious cider, and fill your home with a festive aroma for Christmas!
- 8-10 mixed apples (washed, cored, and quartered)
- 3-4 oranges (halved)
- 6-8 cinnamon sticks
- 2 tablespoons whole cloves
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- filtered or spring water
1. Fill large stock pot or dutch oven with all ingredients (except honey)
2. bring contents to a boil
3. Reduce heat and simmer for 2 hours
4. Mash fruit with a fork or potato masher
5. Simmer for 1 more hour
6. Strain using a mesh strainer
7. If you double strain the cider you will have a nice spiced apple sauce in the mesh after the second process
8. Return cider to the pot and stir in your maple
9. Serve warm and enjoy!
10. Feel free to refrigerate the leftovers ... toddlers LOVE it!