1. Colorful Oil and Water Bag (With Foam Fall Leaves)
- Place oil, water, food coloring, and floating foam in a zip-lock bag (we used leaf shapes for autumn)
- Let baby explore the bags on her own
- Tape them to the ground for an adventurous addition to tummy time!
2. Criss-Cross Game
- This is a popular game for 5-6 month old babies to encourage right brain/left brain development
- While baby is on her back, place her right foot in her left hand, then repeat with the opposite sides
- Let baby explore, hold, and try to replicate the movement on her own
3. Bubble Time
We do this in her Bumbo seat. These are still a little controversial, but we use them for a maximum of 10 minutes a day, which isn't long enough to interfere with any kind of physical development. They give baby a new perspective, and she LOVES it!
Bubbles are awesome for babies!
4. Counting Fun (Leaves)
- It is never too early to start counting with baby
- Use objects that are new and interesting while verbally counting (repetition is excellent)
5. Leaf Dangles
- Use a rainbow support to dangle objects baby can grasp and pull
- Great for fine motor development!