- Corned Beef
- Seasoning Packet
- Cabbage (cut into quarters)
- Carrots (two per person)
- Potato (one per person)
- Onion (one half)
- Meat Tenderizer
- Ground Pepper
- Celery Salt
- Bay Leaves
1. Place your corned beef and the seasoning packet that came with it into a large pot and cover it with water.
2. Bring the pot to a boil then reduce to a simmer or low boil for 55 minutes.
3. Chop your vegetables into large pieces (carrots, onion, potato).
4. After meat has simmered for 55 minutes, add your vegetables (not cabbage) and two full sprinkles (about 1/2 tablespoon) of each seasoning (thyme, meat tenderizer, pepper, celery salt). Also, add two or three whole bay leaves.
5. Cover your pot and cook until the vegetables are tender (about 15-20 minutes).
6. Add your cabbage (cut into quarters) and cook for 15 more minutes.
7. Remove meat from pot and turn off burner. Let vegetables sit for 20 minutes in the broth.
8. Place vegetables in bowl and add sliced corned beef (sliced against the grain) to vegetables and serve.
Happy St. Patrick's Day! ENJOY!